Friday, May 4, 2007

Passion

I was recently watching AC Milan play against Manchester United to see who would go to the Champion's League final, and I recalled my times seeing games in Europe. The passion the fans have is amazing, they sing all game long, follow their team from country to country, and even get into fights in the stadiums over their team. Granted, fighting is a bit extreme, but I think this shows just how passionate they can be, especially Italians. As soon as I saw my first game live, I was hooked. The next game I saw, which was AC Milan versus Inter Milan (one of the biggest derbies, as they call it, in the world), I sang the whole game, and danced with the people next to me.

When I look here at American sports, this passion is often lacking. This lack of passion isn't just in sports, it's in all aspects of Americans' life. It is true that perhaps Italians aren't organized like the rest of the industrialized world, and that they often aren't as dedicated to work as they usually are celebrating some vague holiday, or spending their money on clothes and going out. I do not advocate this extreme, yet I think we can definitely learn how to copy some of this passion to our own lives. Ever since spending more time in Italy, I have started to become more passionate about my life, and have since taken a greater interest in having more fun in life (this indirectly led me to this community).

What I ask to you, if anyone reads this :P, is are you passionate about something? Whatever you choose to do, are you really getting into it? A typical Italian lives at home with his mom until his 30s (like some of my cousins), doesn't have much money since he spends it all on clothes and money, yet he gets laid like none other. This isn't an anomaly, it is often the intangible things that women take interest in. Even outside of women, the ability to be passionate about what you do will make every endeavor you undertake that much more meaningful, and fun.



P.S. If you wanna know what they say let me know :)

2 comments:

DDD said...

More homo propaganda. I can feel my anoos tightening up.

I'm not sure I agree with the lack of passion among Americans. Definitely write more once I sober up!

micawber said...

I'm curious as to what you think, I'm sure once I wade through all the gay talk around it there will be something of value ;)