Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bringing about change

I remember earlier in my life I complained to my mother about some aspect of my life not being in accord with what I wanted. I told her I wanted to change this, but everyone says you can't. She paused for a moment, and then said "People say that because they are too lazy to bring about change. You can do whatever you want". Wise words from a wise woman.

When I first came to this whole PU business I was starting to make positive changes in my life. I had been working out regularly, and had lost some weight. I started studying more, and took better care of my academics overall. So when it came to getting better with women I applied the simple formula I had used to obtain those things. Work at the goal everyday, and if I became disheartened I concentrated on the positives to re-motivate me. In essence though, I rarely thought of the outcome just the joy of completing the task at hand.

Well, for whatever reason, be it social anxiety or laziness, I had a hard time applying this model to my PU life. I did it in the beginning, forcing approaches and it was going well. As time went on, however, I found myself hesitating to do this, and as I hesitated excuses started to creep in my head. "You need to bring about deeper change first", "You need to be more alpha in other aspects before you can tackle this". While these statements are somewhat true, especially the second, they are not excuses for not continuing. I actually just had an epiphany writing this paragraph.

There is no reason why I can not work on both becoming more assertive and dominant in my life, and being good with women. In fact, they compliment each other, so that basically nullified those excuses. Anyways, as I was saying I thought I needed a different system for undertaking this part of my life, PU. I started looking at NLP and hypnosis more closely, and I am glad I did I learned insightful things. However, I could have picked up on these things as I went along.

I realized that my old method was just perfect. And to prove it to myself I went out Thursday, Friday, Saturday (Thursday wasn't for sarging, but it is still always present in my life) and socialized again. I am most proud of myself last nite, I did not feel like going out, yet I told myself it couldn't be worse than staying at home. So, I went out, even though I made up tons of excuses why I shouldn't, like how it was cold, etc. In short, it's back to my old method :)

1 comment:

DDD said...

So your old method, right or left handed? ;)

You gotta understand that PU community is tailor made for computer geeks. It's very algorithmic rather than just be!