Monday, April 9, 2007

First post

Well this is my first official post in my blog. I never thought I would ever have one of these, as I viewed them as being for mainly 14 year old girls. However, after being convinced by a friend I decided it would be useful in having a place to gather my thoughts, track my progress, and receive useful, constructive comments on my journey.

So, what is the state of my life and at what point am I on this journey? I'm not entirely sure :). For starters, I will briefly lay out what I have accomplished, and what areas I believe I need work on. Since I have started with this whole PU business, I have brought an area of my life that I felt had been sub par into my consciousness thus allowing me to actively work on it. Since then I have become more social and confident in socializing in general, and specifically with women.

Oddly enough, since I've committed myself to improving this area of my life I found more "problem" areas than I previously thought I had. Some might argue that this is due to the fact I am scrutinizing too much, but I believe it is because this aspect of my life, becoming more social especially with women, is intimately attached and woven into many areas. For example, how you comport yourself in the presence of other men, how you assert your wants and needs in a given situation, how grounded you are in your reality and not worry about what others think, and the list goes on.

So what do I feel I need to work on specifically at the moment? Well, for starters, my assertiveness. I do not assert my will and wants as much as I want (namely all the time!). I bend too easily to the whims of others, and can find myself in my head trying to make sure I don't attract too much attention. It is obvious that this is not a favorable trait to have in dealing with women, nor is it a trait that helps one lead a fulfilling life. I am actively working on this by focusing in on the moment, and plainly stating what I want and paying attention to my desires.

Finally, I am working towards being consistent. I deeply respect Tyler's point of view on this, in saying that it is a lost art. I also believe this is tied in with living in the 'Now', because if you focus on the future and the length of the journey, you will never undertake it. This is foolish since every goal requires a journey, and it is often the journey that is the most fun!

I can't wait to hear some comments. Next I'll write about one of my new passions, becoming a bad ass mother fucker (i.e. learning martial arts and working out)!.

1 comment:

DDD said...

Few if any guys at your age have given so much thoughts into their lives.

Rather than filling your head with more questions, deal with them as they come up, live life, live for the moment, be the best you can be today, do what you think is necessary to be good, whatever "good" means to you.

I know the most difficult of all, accept yourself for who you are, know that you can improve.